Today, we will be focusing on prediction and inference. This means we want to practise making sensible guesses and also learning to read between the lines.
Main Activity: Read the text (Frost) and answer the questions in your book.
If you find the text a little bit tricky, practise your prediction skills with this video instead!
Please watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j0OY3236jw&feature=emb_title
Discuss the following questions with an adult and answer the questions in your book.
- Why do you think Harry does not like taking a bath?
- Why could everyone not recognise Harry?
- Do you think Harry will take baths from now on?
- What do you think will happen next?
Main Activity Text and Questions
- ‘Cassie swallowed, wondering if she should shout for William’. How does Cassie feel now? How do you know? What clues are there in the text?
- Do you think Cassie will call for William? And do you think he would come? What clues are there in the text that tell you this?
- What do you think will happen next in the story? How do you know?
- Can you think of another story where a character feels left out or is left alone? How is Cassie similar to those characters? What happened to them?
- What do you think will happen to Cassie?