30/03/20 – DT
Happy Monday Year 2!
It’s the start of a brand-new week and we hope you’re feeling energised for more exciting learning.
It was great to see lots of you working hard at your DT shoebox dioramas. These can be fiddly and we know you may need more time to complete you fntasy setting diorama.
Therefore, today’s task is:
1 – Finish your shoebox diorama
Remember! This should be based on your fantasy setting (cave, planet, castle, forest, beach, dungeon or volcano!).
These can be made using whatever materials you may have at home and any shoebox-sized box.
Materials could include:
tissue paper, straws, pom-poms, pipe cleaners, tin foil, egg boxes, rocks, cardboard or anything else you have handy!
PLEASE (adults) don’t go out and buy any materials. It is not necessary to have any special resources. Paper, pens and creativity is all that is needed!
2 – Evaluate your diorama
Please write an evaluation of your diorama, think about answering these questions:
– What materials were needed to make your diorama?
– Does the backdrop of your diorama represent a background (sky, horizon etc.)?
– Have you got 3D setting (trees, flowers, rocks, a bridge etc.)?
– Is your diorama colourful?
– Is it detailed?
– What do you like about it?
– What would you change if you made it again?
Ask someone else in your house:
What do you think of my diorama?